Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Upsy-Downsy...

April 4, 2012: Day 4, Poem-A-Day Challenge

For today’s prompt, take the phrase, “100% (blank);” replace the blank with a new word or phrase; make the new phrase the title of your poem; and then, write your poem. Example titles might include: “100% Beef,” “100% Cotton,” “100% Awesome,” “100% Etc.”

100% Confuzzled

I really do not know
Exactly what I think
About it all.

I'm sure my actions show
I teeter on the brink--
I'm gonna fall!

I read the daily news
And my heart screams in pain--
Or, does it sing?

My mind soars high, then stews--
No sane mind could sustain
This kind of thing.

I waver side to side,
From being full of joy
To furious...

I really can't abide
Each newest faction's ploy;
All spurious!

First, "poly-ticks", you know,
The tiny little bugs
That suck your blood...

But then, I start to glow,
Brim up with tears and hugs,
When something good

Makes YouTube or the news--
A large lad, with a voice
Like golden light

Contrasted with the views
Of ugly, anti-choice
Men--freedom's blight!

My head is spinning, here...
Whenever I've decided
How I feel

The next thing to appear
Has my heart subdivided--
Nothing's real.

So, one-hundred percent?
I'm sure of all my views?
Yes, settled here--

I'm one hundred per cent
Convinced that, of the news,
I've NO IDEA!

No comments: